- Botapsa, The Grand Tower of Unification
- 641, Gimyusin-gil, Jincheon-eup, Jincheon-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do, 27825, Republic of Korea
- Type : Temple
- Period : 1996
- Managed by : Jincheon-gun
Sanggye-ri and Yeongok-ri of Jincheon-eup used to be the borderland between Shilla and Goguryeo kingdoms during the Three Kingdoms period. The birthplace of General Kim Yushin is located in Gyeyang village of Sanggye-ri. Taeryeong mountain fortress and Manrae mountain fortress are located in Manrae Mountain. Found nearby was an ancient tombstone monument (Baekbi, Treasure No. 404), which is believed to have been built in the early period of Goryeo Dynasty (918 – 1392) in the Yeongok-ri area. Baekbi was restored and preserved in the pavilion of Botapsa. There is also a three-story stone pagoda there.
A special architectural inspection team visited the site in 1991 and the construction of Botapsa began in May 1992, under the supervision of Shin Yonghoon, a specialist in cultural properties. Many precious ancient relics, including Buddhist scriptures, can be viewed there.
Botapsa was named in the hope of that all people will be full of the mercy of Buddha.
- Information for use
- Tourist attractions around it : Sanggye-ri Swimming Pool, Manroisan Mt., Baekgok Reservoir, Gilsangsa, Youth Training Center, Gilsangsa, Shrine of Jeong Song-gang in Jincheon, Yeongok Valley, Hwoianbanseok
- Accommodations : Jincheon Tourism Hotel, Jin Park Inn, Bonghwajang Inn
- Restaurants : Yeongok Garden, Scenery Sound Information on parking lots
- The parking lot was prepared in the place of three minutes on foot.
- It is located in Yeongok-ri. You can get there after going to Saseok, Jincheon-gun from Cheongju by a direct bus for about 38 minutes and using an intra-city bus.
- 1 It is located in Yeongok-ri. You can get there on foot after going to Saseok, Jincheon-gun from Cheongju by a direct bus for about 40 minutes and using an intra-city bus.
- 2 It is a half-hour drive to Jincheon toward Cheonan